PDA

View Full Version : Help a noob ( Nokia E51 Unlock )

PublicSB
12-23-2009, 08:43 PM
So, i'm asking for a little help. I have a Nokia E51, locked in Orange Network. My software version is 220.34.37 ( and when i try to update it says that this is the last version.

So, how can i unlock my phone to work in other network ( like Vodafone for example ). I'm new and don't have much experience with computers / forums / internet, so i'm asking you to pe patient with me.

Thank you,
PubliSB

ramisumi
12-24-2009, 05:36 AM
So, i'm asking for a little help. I have a Nokia E51, locked in Orange Network. My software version is 220.34.37 ( and when i try to update it says that this is the last version.

So, how can i unlock my phone to work in other network ( like Vodafone for example ). I'm new and don't have much experience with computers / forums / internet, so i'm asking you to pe patient with me.

Thank you,
PubliSB

Dear you have to try NSS to change your product code to a legal product code to update sucessfully. You can roll back to your original Orange product code after update. But you must aware that if you don't know how to act then may your phone's warranty will voids.

PublicSB
12-24-2009, 06:08 AM
I don't care about the warranty ( also the warranty is available if the IMEI on the phone's back is the same as the IMEI on the warranty certificate, i asked and i can use what software version i want, also a friend did this and he still changed his display, although the phone wasn't locked in Orange anymore ).

Does NSS stand for Nemises Nokia Service Suite ? Can i do the unlock using an USB cable or do i need the special HUB ( i mean that little blue box with you connect to a network port, hope you understand what i'm refering to ).

Also thanks for the reply :)

ramisumi
12-24-2009, 06:13 AM
I don't care about the warranty ( also the warranty is available if the IMEI on the phone's back is the same as the IMEI on the warranty certificate, i asked and i can use what software version i want, also a friend did this and he still changed his display, although the phone wasn't locked in Orange anymore ).

Does NSS stand for Nemises Nokia Service Suite ? Can i do the unlock using an USB cable or do i need the special HUB ( i mean that little blue box with you connect to a network port, hope you understand what i'm refering to ).

Also thanks for the reply :)

Dear you don't need to use any box, But the procedure before installing NSS (Nemesis nokia service suite) on your PC, You must uninstall NOKIA from your PC, Whatever it is in name of NOKIA on your PC. Carefully do this and restart yout PC, Then install NSS and by that you need to connect with ordinary USB cable of nokia.
I'm using NSS v 1.0.38.15. And several times I have changed the product code and installed several updates.

PublicSB
12-24-2009, 09:58 AM
Still nothing, i tried NSS 1.0.38.14 ( this is the one a managed to find ) but didn't manage to find a legal product code or don't know how.
I think hacking isn't for me and maybe taking the phone to a service is best.

Also i can't install themes made by wana7262. They say that it can't connect to the suppliers ... And how can i change my menu icons ( i have 3 icons that Orange installed, and they're ugly as hell ).

shalimar
01-08-2010, 11:18 AM
hi,
in my humble opinion unlock codes are the very best and the easiest method to unlock your phones, i used codes from
http://www.onlinegsmunlock.com/ and http://www.mobileunlockguide.com/ to unlock 2 of my samsung phones and it worked fine, jus
try them and see if your phone is listed for unlocking