October 15th, 2012, 05:39 PM
PPC PIM Backup v3.2.0
PPC PIM Backup v3.2.0
Requirements: WM2003 - WM6.x
Overview: The PIM backup application is a tool that allows to backup/restore personal information stored on windows mobile based pocket devices. Concerning the personal information, I refer to contacts, appointments, tasks, messages, calls,...
The backup is totally independent of the version of Windows Mobile running on the device and independent of the device itself. The backup is also independent of the language used on the device. You can easily backup on a Chinese device and restore in a German one.
There are two kinds of backups. The binary based backup has been implemented in order to have a backup/restore process which is fast and more reliable, the disadvantage being that the backup contents cannot be easily modified or viewed.
The text based backup has been implemented in order to see/edit the contents on a pc for instance.
- Backup/restore MMS (CAUTION only MMS created by the Arcsoft MMS composer utility)
- Backups can be password protected
- Backup/restore Owner infos
- Backup/restore Wifi settings (not passwords)
- Backup/restore GPRS settings (not passwords)
- Backup/restore Network settings
- Backup/restore Proxy settings
- Backup/restore Regional settings
- Export appointments to CSV, XML & iCAL
- Export call logs to CSV & XML
- Export contacts to CSV, XML & VCARD (the VCARD file can be imported in Android devices)
- Export contacts pictures to individual jpg files
- Export messages to CSV & XML
- Export tasks to CSV, XML & iCAL (the iCAL file can be imported in Android devices)
- Export speed dials to CSV & XML (Wap provisionning)
- Import appointments from CSV
- Import call logs from CSV
- Import contacts from CSV
- Import tasks from CSV
- backup/restore appointments
- backup/restore call logs
- backup/restore contacts
- backup/restore messages (SMS, Mails, ...) NEW !!!
- backup/restore speed dials
- backup/restore tasks
- backup/restore custom files
It is possible now to restore a text file containing contacts backed up from other applications, like in Outlook Express, the only constraint is that the first line should contain the fields and the fields need a separator. (See screenshots). The tool allows to map default fields to fields found in the file. It is possible now to insert duplicates.
The mail database is completely parsed to retrieve all the messages stored in every directory and subdirectory. It is possible to select which account and directories that should be backed up. You can save attachments as well if they exist on the pocket pc. Caution if the attachments have been partially downloaded on the device, only this portion will be backed up.
Same as the backup, you can select which account and directories should be restored to the device. Caution, if an account doesn't exist on the pocket pc, this application will discard the messages that belong to that account, except if the backup has been made with v3.0.0 where the account is stored in an xml file and is restored before restoring messages.
It is possible to schedule a backup, each day of the week and this at a specific hour. If the pocket pc is suspended, it will wake up and do the backup. You can eventually control the number of backups to keep and switch off the pocket pc after the scheduled backup is finished.
The scheduled backup creates a notification that can be cleared via the Menu.
The .pib (Personal Information Backup) container file is in fact just a zip file (can be opened with any zip utility as long as it is not password protected) which contains the different backup items.
- .pbm (messages backup file)
- .pbc (contacts backup file)
- .pba (appointments backup file)
- .pbl (call logs backup file)
- .pbt (tasks backup file)
- .pbd (speed dials backup file)
- .pbx (file containing the list of custom files saved in the backup)
- .csm (messages backup file)
- .csc (contacts backup file)
- .csa (appointments backup file)
- .csl (call logs backup file)
- .cst (tasks backup file)
- .csd (speed dials backup file)
- .csx (file containing the list of custom files saved in the backup)
- fix issue with call logs XML export
- fix issue with "Actions" and "Delete All" submenus
- fix issue with .PIB extension not recognized by Pim Backup during restore
- fix issue with contacts VCARD export
- complete redesign of the interface (more thumb friendly)
- file logging of backup/restore actions
- added backup password protection
- added export to CSV/XML for all items
- added import of CSV for different items
- added backup/restore of WIFI, GPRS, Network, Proxy settings
- added backup/restore of Owner infos and Regional settings
- fix various minor bugs