VLCTelecontrol Full v2.05 S^1^3 Anna Belle Refresh UnSigned Retail by Txus
(by Marelli Daniele)
VLCTelecontrol is an application for Nokia phones
that lets you use your smartphone as a remote control
for VideoLAN Client (on all operating systems).
The connection between VideoLAN Client (VLC) and VLCTelecontrol
is free if you use the wireless LAN (WiFi).
If desired, you can also use the connection to your mobile operator,
but not recommended unless you have a subscription TV.
Full VLCTelecontrol shows no Internet banner ads.
Full VLCTelecontrol contains no advertising.
Another difference with the free version is that the latter,
besides the play / pause button,
has also mute and volume buttons high / low.
VLCTelecontrol in smartphone VideoLAN Client communicates with the PC
LARED via LAN (WiFi). Therefore three steps are required;
1. configuration VideoLAN
VideoLAN Client (VLC) is a fantastic open-platform media player and open source.
You can get it at VideoLAN - VLC: Official site - Free multimedia solutions for all OS!.
To enable VLC to receive commands over the network, you must:
- Open with a text editor the file in the installation directory of VLC
(eg "C: \ Program Files \ VideoLAN \ VLC \) and look for the section" # private address "
- Uncomment the line for your network (or add if not present).
Almost always, simply remove the "#" 192.168.1.0/16 line.
If you have configured the LAN otherwise
need not explain to you what it's called;-)
- Save the file
- Start VLC
- Select Preferences from the Tools menu
- In Preferences, select the radio button in the lower left
- In the tree on the left, then click the mainline interface
- In the options that appear on the right,
select the check box HTTP remote control interface
(called VLC Web 2.0), as in the picture below
- Click Save and restart VLC
This is of course necessary only once.
Also listens on port 8080 on your PC.
Finally, it is necessary, if you do not know, check the IP address of your PC.
One way you can do is:
- Click Run in the Windows Start menu
- Type the command cmd and press Enter to get the DOS prompt
- Type ipconfig and press Enter
- Enter the IP address of the wireless network connection
For example, the IP address is 192.168.1.5 style.
As smartphone and PC must communicate over the network, you may need to do more
router configuration, the firewall on the PC, smart phone connections, etc etc
It is not possible to condense such a broad topic here, but note that:
- There shall normally some type of operation:
immediately devices communicate seamlessly
- Connectivity is a general question, not specific to VLCTelecontrol:
so Google can help
VLCTelecontrol question every time you enter the IP address and the port on which the client is listening VideoLAN. However, only the first time you enter this information (unless something has changed).
VLCTelecontrol fact, by default uses the information used in the previous time.
The IP address you entered is the one described in "Configuring VideoLAN"
(e.g. 192.168.1.5), while the port is (unless amended) 8080.
Before pressing the Connect button, please remember to run VLC and open the movie you want to see.