Nokia OVI Maps 3.03 for S60v3 officially unsupported devices
Repack by Budovi (Budo) from SymbianMania (Slovak forum)
- Deleted prevention of installing on unsupported devices
- Installator cutted out (does not help with un/installation on unsupported phones)
- Changed mode of installation (for possibility to install)
- It is UNSIGNED, so you need sign it or have phone hack active
- New maps can not be simply uninstalled due to install mode change (via app manager)
---WARNING!!!--- From wrote above, it is not any other possibility to delete this maps from devices with no hack - only full format of device!!! (or you may hack phone and delete it)
- ~ 7MB free memory on device (C:/)
- Memory card, (depends on what country maps you want)
- ~ 10MB of RAM for run app
- Uninstall any older version
- Run this installation SIS, ignorte pop-up about incompatibility
- 1, Step by step deleting files (file list is down):
-- Activate hack, run x-plore (modo, fexplorer, etc) and just delete files and dirs that are in list
- 2, Complete device format
N79, E75, N85 a N96 with newest FWs:
Older FP1, FP2 devices that have maps already built in system FW:
Older FP1, FP2 that do not have any maps built in system FW:
Version for N79, E75, N85 and N96 with newest FWs is modification of official version for FP2 devices that are officially supported.
Versions for older phones are modifications of official version for E71 and E66, they are more simple, do not have weather function, Lonely Planet and Michelin navigation too. You can add this functions by installing other application HereAndNow:
Tested on many devices. BIG THANKS TO BUDO! (Budovi, Budo23, etc...)
Originally Posted by Budovi
Just write here, or on ICQ / Skype... I am in contact with author and I have a permission to present it here.
If you want to copy this post to other forums, just ask me, please! I will give a permission, but I want to know about it! THX a lot.
UPDATE FP1 VERSION [9.4.2010] Thanks Budovi
1, if you have maps in firvare too, it cannot be uninstalled normally
2, check if you are installing correct version
3, you have to hack your phone (you cannod install app with protected UID with devcert)
4, "flashing problem" has not been solved, but problems with sync and settings (app crashes) should solve S60SOA...
UPDATE FP1 VERSION [9.4.2010]
-from official maps for E71 and E66
For phones with maps in firmvare:
For phones without maps:
But I think that only language rsc files are updated...