Hi! Here is solution how to install ovi maps 3.04(165) for FP2 devices and ovi maps 3.03 for FP1 devices.
1. You need to have hacked phone (maybe format will be required before installing) and latest fw
N85, N96, E75, N79, N78, 6220
2. Need patch for rompatcher, for every model is different!
; Change N85 machineUID
; by somin.n
;Change E75 machineUID
;Change N96 machineUID
or you can create new one just for your phone in step 4.
;Change 6220c machineUID
3a. FP2 Installation file: -> this is part of original maps installer, it is not modified and it can be unistalled. It is latest official build.
3b. FP1 Installation file: -> original from nokia
If you can't install this version, try to remove all previous versions. If it will not help, you need to format your phone (and i suggest format memory card too). Than will be the installation process successful. :good2: After successful installation, you can disable/remove the patch.
4. How to get patch for your phone:
- downlod this small app:
- open it and click on the "MachineUID"
- it will open page with nokia uid's, there find your phone model and its uid
- copy the uid (without the 0x) back to the program
- select FP1 or FP2
- paste "Go!" button and patches will be save to the app folder
- it will generate two patches: "changeUID_long.rmp" and "changeUID_short.rmp"
- first try to apply "changeUID_long.rmp" if you will get red cross in RP try to apply "changeUID_short.rmp"
If you have successfully installed maps, but you get some errors than you can try install this package S60SOA. This are some additional libraries.
There is possibility that you can't run this maps on your device, because lots of nokia devices aren't supported and this is way how to "add" you phone to supported list, but it isn't 100%. Just try and you will see if you have happy day.
Please, if you post here some reply write please your way of installation:
1. what package did you use for install (maps.sisx OR original from nokia)?
2. did you format phone AND/OR memory card?
3. do you have some errors with using maps or something else wrong with phone?
It is important, so please share!