The wait is over and OFFLINE Google Maps are available for you to download... This is the first time ever in Pakistan that Offline Google Maps have been available in such a detail
It was hard work downloading Maps and then uploading it especially with Loadsheddings...Thanks to members on Pakgamers.com who helped me in doing so....
If you appretiate the work Please Leave a THANKS.....
STEPS For Installation:
Follow the Steps Below to Install it..This Method applies to Symbian Phones, Black Berry Java Mobile Phones that have in-Built GPS... For Symbian Mobiles that have no GPS, they can buy a bluetooth GPS device and connect that through bluetooth and still use it..
A) PC STEPS:
1) DOWNLOAD THE MAPS:
a) Google ROAD MAPS view
i) Road Maps from Zoom Level 1 to 14 (All Pakistan) *
PART 1 - PART 2
ii) Road Maps Zoom Level 15 Only (All Pakistan)
PART 1 - PART 2
iii) Road Maps Zoom Level 16 Only (All Pakistan)-(uncompressed)
PART 1 - PART 2 - PART 3 - PART 4 - PART 5 - PART 6
iii) Road Maps Zoom Level 15 Only (31 Cities)
iv) Road Maps Zoom Level 16 Only (31 Cities)
v) Road Maps Zoom Level 17 Only (Special Cities):
b) Google HYBRID MAPS view (includes SATELLITE view)
i) Hybrid Maps Zoom Level 1 to 12 (All Pakistan) *
PART 1 - PART 2
ii) Hybrid Maps Zoom Level 13 Only (All Pakistan)
PART 1 - PART 2 - PART 3 - PART 4
iii) Hybrid Maps Zoom Level 13 Only (31 Cities)
iv) Hybrid Maps Zoom Level 14 Only (31 Cities)
v) Hybrid Maps Zoom Level 15 Only (31 Cities)
PART 1 - PART 2
vi) Hybrid Maps Zoom Level 16 Only (31 Cities)
PART 1 - PART 2 - PART 3 - PART 4 - PART 5
vii) Hybrid Maps Zoom Level 17 Only (Special Cities)
> ISLAMABAD/RAWALPINDI----PART 1 - PART 2
> KARACHI----PART 1 - PART 2 - PART 3 - PART 4 - PART 5
> LAHORE----PART 1 - PART 2 - PART 3 - PART 4 - PART 5
> PESHAWAR----DOWNLOAD (one part only)
D) Adding your Specific City or Area not present in 31 Cities OR Downlading maps for your own Country(OPTIONAL)
This tutorial will help you how to Add your own city if its not present in 31 cities or you want Zoom level 17 (Road Maps or Hybrid maps for your City)
1) GMapsMaker.exe. Download here
2) Already compiled Maps copied to your memory card. (See below for hwo to compile Maps)
3) Watch the Video tutorial and Note these Settings for GMapMaker
i) Cache Folder: Any Folder you select if its New Download or Your Memory card drive (as in video) if u want to Update the present maps of Pakistan.
ii) Max Parallel downloads: "6-10" (depending on your Download speed. Doesn't increase download speed much with maximum)
iii) Operating Mode: MGMaps Mode, download tiles using entered area
iv) Hash Size: 1
v) Tiles per file: 256
vi) Map types and Zoom Level: As per your needs. (follow video to know)
Follow video Instructions for updating Present maps.. Procedure is the same if you want to download for a different Country. In that case you can create a New folder on your Desktop or any other location on Hard disk and choose that as ur cache folder.
c) Download Cache.conf File HERE
1. (*) means Base Package. Everyone must download Following zoom levels as their Base Package Marked with "*":
a. Road Maps from Zoom Level 1 to 14(All Pakistan)--if you like Road Maps
b. Hybrid Maps Zoom Level 1 to 12 (All Pakistan) Part 1 & 2 -if you like Hybrid Maps
2. (All Pakistan) means entire country maps
3. (31 Cities) includes following cities
4. For Special cities, You can add 2 , 3 or 4 cities for Zoom level 17. Just copy past files of other cities in "GoogleMap_17" folder for Road maps or "GoogleHyb_17 and GoogleSat_17" for Hybrid Maps....
5. Google Satellite Maps view will install automatically with Google Hybrid view . You should not delete Satellite view files otherwise Hybrid Mode will not work.
6. If you download maps for a certain zoom level, lets say "Road Maps Zoom Level 15 Only (All Pakistan)" , then you don't need to download "Road Maps Zoom Level 15 Only (31 Cities)" as its already contained in All Pakistan maps.
7. Download Maps as per your requirement.
i) If you have an 8GB Memory card or MORE then I suggest you download
All Zoom levels for RoadMaps and Hybrid upto 16 and then Add your city for Zoom level 17..... Required Space is around 4GB ... so utilize ur space... you will know what to choose..
ii) If you have 4gb card then i suggest you download
Road Maps from Zoom Level 1 to 14 (All Pakistan)
Road Maps Zoom Level 15 Only (All Pakistan)
Road Maps Zoom Level 16 only (31 Cities)
Road Maps of Your Special City Zoom Level 17 Only
Hybrid Maps Zoom Level 1 to 12 (All Pakistan) Part 1 & 2 (if you like hybrid too)
iii) If you have 2 Gb card then I suggest you download
Road Maps from Zoom Level 1 to 14(All Pakistan)
Road Maps Zoom Level 15 Only (31 Cities)
Road Maps Zoom Level 16 Only (28 Cities)
Road Maps of Your Special City Zoom Level 17 Only
d) DOWNLOAD THE MGMAPS APPLICATION:
1) Download MGMaps for Mobile:
a) For Symbian devices S60 5th Edition and Symbian^3 (click here)
b) For Symbian S60 3rd Edition, works on most N- and E-Series (click here). You can visit site below for different versions for S60 3rd Edition.
http://wap.mgmaps.com/ OR http://www.mgmaps.com/download.php
2) COMPILE DOWNLOADED MAPS[/SIZE][/COLOR]Note :
1.You should prefer downloading the Development version 1.42 .. If 1.42 is not available for your model e.g with Blackberry then download the Stable version 1.39
2. Following Steps are for Symbian S60 5th Edition and Symbian^3 but these steps are common in symbian s60 3rd Edition. 3. For S60 3rd Edition, install the Signed jad online version if its Asking several times of Allow to Read Map data)
Here's a Video Tutorial of How to install the maps to your Symbian S60 Mobile.... Almost the same steps applies for all other mobiles....
For written description follow steps here
Once you download all files then Create a Folder "MGMapsCache" and extract the files into it as shown in Picture Below.
Dont forget to copy cache.conf file in MGMapsCache folder otherwise maps will not work...3) COPY TO MOBILE MEMORY CARD OR MASS MEMORY:Note: You can Delete any zoom level that you dont want, lets say you dont need Google road maps of Pakistan at zoom level 16 then just delete the folder "GoogleMap_16" but if you want to delete Hybrid Mode, lets say Zoom Level 13, then you have to delete both folders "GoogleHyb_13" and "GoogleSat_13"
Now connect your mobile to PC through USB using "USB Mass Storage mode".. This is true for Nokia and Blackberry. But dont know for others... OR you can just pull out your Memory card from your Mobile and insert in Card reader.
Now copy compiled MGMapsCache folder to ROOT DIRECTORY of your memory card. See Picture Below
B) MOBILE STEPS:Note: Do not use bluetooth for transferring maps as It will take a hell of time. Even when copying with USB Mass storage mode or Card reader, Maps might take very long to transfer depending on how many levels you copied.. sometimes 2-3 hours.. so don't panic..
WRITTEN STEPS For SYMBIAN S60v3 , S60v5 and Symbian^3 Phones (MGMaps)
1) Install the mgmaps-1_42_01.jar or .jar installation file of your mobile in your mobile memory card you will see the icon as below.. Open it ..
2) When asked 2 questions about GPS Positioning and open cache.. click "Allow for this session" but for INTERNET USAGE CLICK NO..
3) You will see empty screen, Click MENU >>SETTINGS>> MAPS>>STORED MAPS..
4) Tick Mark Stored Maps and Offline Mode and Click SAVE... Path will be by default to E:/MGMapsCache OR you can change to F:/MGMapsCache ( if ur phone has memory card and mass memory both but u copied MGMapsCache folder to MemoryCard)... (For Black Berry you might see "SD CARD/MGMapsCache"...if not there then give this path)...when asked to restart MGMaps, Select Yes.. Now Exit MGMaps...
5) Start MGMaps Again..and follow Allow for this session and No for internet usage as in step 2..Now click MENU>>MAPS>>MAP TYPES
UNTICK ALL Maps except for Google Maps, Google Hybrid and Google Satellite.. (see pic below).. then click OPTIONS>>>SAVE.... and BACK...
6) Now Click on "Map" a shown in Picture to change Map type... By default it is set to Yahoo Maps so change it to Google Maps or Google Hybrid...(or which ever u downloaded)
7) You will start seeing Yahoo Maps but now you can change between Maps by Clicking "Map type Button"...(see Pic)
9) Now Go out in Open space and wait for the GPS to receive satellite signals.. If you have a single storied home then it might work even inside home but if you have double storied or more then you should Go out in open space....
Wait for at-least 5 mins... Normally take 2-3 mins to lock on a satellite..
Once it locks on a satellite, the Red Satellite indicator icon will turn GREEN (see in Pic) this will tell u that GPS is online.... and a Blue colored balloon will appear that shows ur location..
10) Mark that location as you favorite so that you don't get lost in Maps while browsing....that can be done in MENU>>FAVORITES..
11) If you want to see 'Speed and Location Coordinates', then Click MENU>>SETTINGS>>MAP >>OVERLAYS...Preferably Choose settings that I have..in picture below..when done.. Click Save..OK
You will see the Display as in picture below. But it will only show Coordinates and Speed values when your GPS is locked on to a satellite..
12) By default the Maps are not set to move with your GPS Position. If you want your maps to move with ur location then Click MENU >> GPS >> SETUP >> MOBILE TRACKING....Tick Move Map... and change Refresh (sec) to 1 ... Click SAVE when done..
Note:The Lower is the refresh rate, the better it will tell u speed and position but will consume battery more...
How to get Directions ?
Ans: I will write tutorial soon...
and in the End... TADA !!!
Enjoy Offline Maps with FREE Navigation without having to use internet...