1. (*) means Base Package. Everyone must download Following zoom levels as their Base Package Marked with "*":
a. Road Maps from Zoom Level 1 to 14(All Pakistan)--if you like Road Maps
b. Hybrid Maps Zoom Level 1 to 12 (All Pakistan) Part 1 & 2 -if you like Hybrid Maps
2. (All Pakistan) means entire country maps
3. (31 Cities) includes following cities
4. For Special cities, You can add 2 , 3 or 4 cities for Zoom level 17. Just copy past files of other cities in "GoogleMap_17" folder for Road maps or "GoogleHyb_17 and GoogleSat_17" for Hybrid Maps....
5. Google Satellite Maps view will install automatically with Google Hybrid view . You should not delete Satellite view files otherwise Hybrid Mode will not work.
6. If you download maps for a certain zoom level, lets say "Road Maps Zoom Level 15 Only (All Pakistan)" , then you don't need to download "Road Maps Zoom Level 15 Only (31 Cities)" as its already contained in All Pakistan maps.
7. Download Maps as per your requirement.
i) If you have an 8GB Memory card or MORE then I suggest you download
All Zoom levels for RoadMaps and Hybrid upto 16 and then Add your city for Zoom level 17..... Required Space is around 4GB ... so utilize ur space... you will know what to choose..
ii) If you have 4gb card then i suggest you download
Road Maps from Zoom Level 1 to 14 (All Pakistan)
Road Maps Zoom Level 15 Only (All Pakistan)
Road Maps Zoom Level 16 only (31 Cities)
Road Maps of Your Special City Zoom Level 17 Only
Hybrid Maps Zoom Level 1 to 12 (All Pakistan) Part 1 & 2 (if you like hybrid too)
iii) If you have 2 Gb card then I suggest you download
Road Maps from Zoom Level 1 to 14(All Pakistan)
Road Maps Zoom Level 15 Only (31 Cities)
Road Maps Zoom Level 16 Only (28 Cities)
Road Maps of Your Special City Zoom Level 17 Only
d) DOWNLOAD THE MGMAPS APPLICATION:
1) Download MGMaps for Mobile:
a) For Symbian devices S60 5th Edition and Symbian^3 (click here)
b) For Symbian S60 3rd Edition, works on most N- and E-Series (click here). You can visit site below for different versions for S60 3rd Edition.
http://wap.mgmaps.com/ OR http://www.mgmaps.com/download.php
2) COMPILE DOWNLOADED MAPS[/SIZE]
Here's a Video Tutorial of How to install the maps to your Symbian S60 Mobile.... Almost the same steps applies for all other mobiles....
For written description follow steps here
Once you download all files then Create a Folder "MGMapsCache" and extract the files into it as shown in Picture Below.
3) COPY TO MOBILE MEMORY CARD OR MASS MEMORY:
Now connect your mobile to PC through USB using "USB Mass Storage mode".. This is true for Nokia and Blackberry. But dont know for others... OR you can just pull out your Memory card from your Mobile and insert in Card reader.
Now copy compiled MGMapsCache folder to ROOT DIRECTORY of your memory card. See Picture Below
B) MOBILE STEPS:
WRITTEN STEPS For SYMBIAN S60v3 , S60v5 and Symbian^3 Phones (MGMaps)
1) Install the mgmaps-1_42_01.jar or .jar installation file of your mobile in your mobile memory card you will see the icon as below.. Open it ..
2) When asked 2 questions about GPS Positioning and open cache.. click "Allow for this session" but for INTERNET USAGE CLICK NO..
3) You will see empty screen, Click MENU >>SETTINGS>> MAPS>>STORED MAPS..
4) Tick Mark Stored Maps and Offline Mode and Click SAVE... Path will be by default to E:/MGMapsCache OR you can change to F:/MGMapsCache ( if ur phone has memory card and mass memory both but u copied MGMapsCache folder to MemoryCard)... (For Black Berry you might see "SD CARD/MGMapsCache"...if not there then give this path)...when asked to restart MGMaps, Select Yes.. Now Exit MGMaps...
5) Start MGMaps Again..and follow Allow for this session and No for internet usage as in step 2..Now click MENU>>MAPS>>MAP TYPES
ALL Maps except for Google Maps, Google Hybrid and Google Satellite.. (see pic below).. then click OPTIONS>>>SAVE.... and BACK...
6) Now Click on "Map"
a shown in Picture to change Map type... By default it is set to Yahoo Maps so change it to Google Maps or Google Hybrid...(or which ever u downloaded)
7) You will start seeing Yahoo Maps but now you can change between Maps by Clicking "Map type Button"...(see Pic)
9) Now Go out in Open space and wait for the GPS to receive satellite signals.. If you have a single storied home then it might work even inside home but if you have double storied or more then you should Go out in open space....
Wait for at-least 5 mins... Normally take 2-3 mins to lock on a satellite..
Once it locks on a satellite, the Red Satellite indicator icon will turn GREEN (see in Pic) this will tell u that GPS is online.... and a Blue colored balloon will appear that shows ur location..
10) Mark that location as you favorite so that you don't get lost in Maps while browsing....that can be done in MENU>>FAVORITES..
11) If you want to see 'Speed and Location Coordinates'
, then Click MENU>>SETTINGS>>MAP >>OVERLAYS...Preferably Choose settings that I have..in picture below..when done.. Click Save..OK
You will see the Display as in picture below. But it will only show Coordinates and Speed values when your GPS is locked on to a satellite..
12) By default the Maps are not set to move with your GPS Position. If you want your maps to move with ur location then Click MENU >> GPS >> SETUP >> MOBILE TRACKING....Tick Move Map... and change Refresh (sec) to 1 ... Click SAVE when done..
How to get Directions ?
Ans: I will write tutorial soon...
and in the End... TADA !!!
Enjoy Offline Maps with FREE Navigation without having to use internet...